Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Almost 19 weeks

So it's pretty late right now, well pretty late by our standards nowadays:)  It's around 11pm and tomorrow Gemma will hit the 19th week mark, I know, it's going by so quickly.  And I know that this blog is dedicated to telling all of you about the baby and its progress and hopefully there will be some pretty big news next week when we go to the doctor, but I wanted to take a moment and talk about my beautiful wife.  

I just wanted to say that I couldn't be more proud of her and how she has taken this pregnancy in stride.  Obviously we are so blessed to be given this opportunity and we can thank God enough for that but going through pregnancy is a big change for most people and it can be a rough go around for some.  Well...she has been a absolute trooper.  First of all, she looks amazing...glowing...if that's how to describe it.  For those of you who know Gemma, and I think that's everyone, her skin pretty much glows all the time but I think it does even more now:)  Second of all, I can see the maternal instincts coming out already and I can't wait to see her as a "mommy" because I think she's going to be such a caring and loving mom to our beautiful baby.  And finally, she has been such a supportive and loving wife throughout the entire process, even volunteering to do dog duty when I have late nights at work.  And for those of you who know our dog Parker, that can be quite a chore at times:)  I guess I just wanted to say a big "thank you" and "I love you" to her for being such a strong person and for doing pretty much 99% of the work throughout this process.

...and I promise she's not standing behind me right now, in fact she's been in bed for about an hour:)  Talk to all of you soon.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment