
Nowadays, I cry frequently. Occasions of happiness, sadness, madness, etc. Tears of joy (Matt’s surprise blog below), and most recently, tears of fright. This is obviously symptomatic of increased hormone levels as I was not a big crier before.
Case and point. I watched an episode of "Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood” where they documented the birth of their 2nd daughter, Stella. It was quite detailed in that they had cameras rolling throughout Tori's C-section. Even though this was her 2nd go around, she was in tears throughout the episode because she was scared of the birthing process. Instantly, I was emotionally connected with my old 9-0 buddy. Once they laid Donna Martin on the operating table and that canopy went up, (see above photo) I began to cry from the same anxiety. I gave one hard look at Matt and said “There’s no way I can do that”…
I realize once the moment occurs, I will do anything to get the baby out…but the thought of bearing a child is scary. I admit, this anxiety stems from a low threshold for pain and a fear of hospitals. But I just have to constantly remind myself, millions of women give birth, and if nervous nelly Tori can do it (twice) I can do it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment