So Gemma and I went to the Doctor's office yesterday to get the 2nd trimester screening and also where we were going to hopefully find out the sex of the baby if it cooperated. After getting there 25 minutes early, as usual for us:), we were in the waiting room for maybe 3 minutes when they called us in and we went into the exam room. Within another 2 minutes, the Doctor was there and we were off, the ultrasound was going and we were looking at the little one again. It was so amazing to see the growth spurt in just under 2 months since the last time we were at the Doctor. And then it happened, the Dr. looked at the screen and said that we were having a baby BOY:) It was such a surreal feeling because you wait to here those three little words but you completely underestimate the feeling and emotions you experience when you find out. More importantly, all of the measurements and pictures looked beautiful and as you can see from the picture of the little man up above, he's got a pretty good looking little right hand:) Gemma and I are so excited and want to thank everyone for all of the prayers and support. Although she's going to be outnumbered 3 to 1 in the Cox household now there's really nothing like the love between a baby boy and his mommy, believe me I've seen it with the mama's boy that is our beast Yorkie. So now it's time for the fun part, the shopping, the painting, the baby proofing, the registering, the teaching our dog how to not attack small plush animals or babies, the classes, and most importantly...what we're going to call this little man. I've been getting requests from many and there's a lot of great choices so stay tuned for the naming news coming shortly hopefully:)
Thursday, June 18, 2009
It's a...
So Gemma and I went to the Doctor's office yesterday to get the 2nd trimester screening and also where we were going to hopefully find out the sex of the baby if it cooperated. After getting there 25 minutes early, as usual for us:), we were in the waiting room for maybe 3 minutes when they called us in and we went into the exam room. Within another 2 minutes, the Doctor was there and we were off, the ultrasound was going and we were looking at the little one again. It was so amazing to see the growth spurt in just under 2 months since the last time we were at the Doctor. And then it happened, the Dr. looked at the screen and said that we were having a baby BOY:) It was such a surreal feeling because you wait to here those three little words but you completely underestimate the feeling and emotions you experience when you find out. More importantly, all of the measurements and pictures looked beautiful and as you can see from the picture of the little man up above, he's got a pretty good looking little right hand:) Gemma and I are so excited and want to thank everyone for all of the prayers and support. Although she's going to be outnumbered 3 to 1 in the Cox household now there's really nothing like the love between a baby boy and his mommy, believe me I've seen it with the mama's boy that is our beast Yorkie. So now it's time for the fun part, the shopping, the painting, the baby proofing, the registering, the teaching our dog how to not attack small plush animals or babies, the classes, and most importantly...what we're going to call this little man. I've been getting requests from many and there's a lot of great choices so stay tuned for the naming news coming shortly hopefully:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats!!! I'm sooo excited!! I see we're finally getting more boys in the family! :)
ReplyDelete